Friday, April 12, 2013

Funny Friday

If you are a regular reader of ye olde bloge, you'll know that yesterday I generously offered up a case of viral pneumonia free to the first taker. Well, Albuterol-induced insomnia aside, she does seem slightly better today. So, if you took me up my offer, THANK YOU and I'll leave the Hello Kitty doll outside the front door. Goodbye Kitty! Speaking of Hello Kitty, check this out:



Hu Han-yan of Taipei got Hello Kitty shaved into his hair to cheer up his elderly father. That's such a great idea! For Mother's Day this year, I want the Boy to get a picture of a jar of Nutella shaved into his hair. That would totally cheer me up! Of course, I might be tempted to lick his head. I think the Boy might be okay with that since licking isn't on his list of "bad touches."

Nutella, Always Nutella


In related Nutella news, last week some thieves in Germany robbed a truck and made off with five metric tons of Nutella. This heist comes just a couple of weeks after thieves stole nearly $40,000 worth of coffee. So, are the thieves gathering the ingredients to made Nutella Coffee?



or is someone just gathering ingredients to bait a trap for white people?


Refraining from making WWII-era Germany joke.

Reasons My Son is Crying

Moving on, have you all seen the Tumblr blog, "Reasons My Son is Crying"? In case the blog name is an inadequate explanation for its purpose, a dad has been creating a daily documentation of his toddler son's tantrums.


The explanations for the little boy's tears are funny because children cry for inexplicable (to adults) reasons like "my socks are crooked" to "they said 'oars' instead of 'paddles' on Dora" to "Harris said I'm not a Jedi Warrior."

On another note, why didn't I think of this for a blog idea? It's like this girl and this girl who get dressed and take pictures of themselves and get tons of free stuff. For getting dressed. Of course, I'm ignoring the fact that the only reason anyone would read my fashion blog would be to feel better about the fact that they have also spent the whole day in yoga pants and a shirt from a 5K they ran in 1999. *Ahem* Not that that would apply to me today. I ran the 5K in February thankyouverymuch.

At the Movies

I don't go to the movies that often and I'm even bad about watching them once they're available for home viewing, so, it makes very little sense that I love reading movie reviews. I suspect it's because if the reviews are even a smidgen critical, I can justify not actually seeing the movie. One director who I've always liked is Cameron Crowe. Singles and Almost Famous were great and Say Anything convinced me that some day a boy would stand under my window with a boombox blasting Peter Gabriel. Of course, if this did happen to me it would probably be a weird Peter Gabriel choice like "Games Without Frontiers" or "Solsbury Hill" and I'd be all, "Huh?" 

Yikes! Boomboxes, but otherwise, yes.

But, I fear that Crowe has veered off into some inexplicable direction with a new movie currently being cast. Here is the description: "a defense contractor ([Bradley] Cooper) who is overseeing a weapons satellite launch from Hawaii teams up with (and falls for) and Air Force pilot ([Emma] Stone) to scuttle the launch. Mystical island forces and a talking computer also play a part. " Also, Rachel McAdams is in talks to play Cooper's ex-girlfriend. What??  The plot is bizarrely Top Gun meets Lost meets War Games and the cast is crazy. I love Emma Stone. She was great in The Help and in the 40 minutes I watched of Crazy, Stupid, Love, and she made Easy A watchable. But, an Air Force Pilot? For reals? Also, I don't get defense contractor + romance + mystical island forces + talking computer = great movie. I get ????? 

Y'all Know What?

Speaking of Say Anything, remember Ione Skye played "Diane Court," John Cusack's love interest in the movie? Well, the other night the K was watching the 2012 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony and we made the following discoveries:

1. Donovan, who was inducted in 2012 is Ione Skye's father.
2. The Beastie Boys were also inducted in 2012 and Adam Horovitz (aka Ad-Rock) was married to Ione Skye from 1992-1999. 
3. In 2013, Heart will be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
4. Nancy Wilson, guitarist from Heart was married to Cameron Crowe from 1986-2010.

What does this all mean? Probably nothing other than all those famous people know each other and of course, Kevin Bacon

Good News

I'm happy to report some good news related to a Rutgers athlete. Ray Rice, Rutgers alum and running back for the Superbowl Champion Baltimore Ravens is making headlines for his anti-bullying campaign. His current project is creating Ray's Links of Kindness, which will be a long chain of Tyvek bands on which people have written words of kindness. You can check out more information on Ray's Facebook page

Well, enough time spent ignoring the sick child. Hope you all have a good weekend!
  








No comments:

Post a Comment